We turn CAN’T into CAN
Too many people focus on what people with dementia can’t do. It’s almost like putting them in prison. We turn that around and turn can’t into can. We focus on what people with Alzheimer’s still CAN do!
Memory loss foundation aims to be:
- The local voice for people with Dementia and their caregivers.
- To improve public policies for the benefit of people with Dementia and their caregivers.
- Secure provision of high quality service using the Montessori Methods and approach, for people with Dementia.
- To help the overwhelmed and avoid burning out caregivers.
- To seek out the lonely, isolated, elderly and under privileged, with the intent of helping them move towards a day center that can get them promptly engaged within the community.
The Dementia Epidemic
30 Million around the world…and rising
Hard working medical researchers have yet to find a cure for Alzheimer’s disease or any other form of dementia. For now, all we have are costly medications that temporarily relieve symptoms yet trigger an array of side effects that range from debilitating to unbearable. At the same time, our health care system cannot bear the overwhelming burden of this epidemic. There aren’t enough specialists, facilities or funds. Government “austerity approaches” offer less and less at a time when more and more is needed.
But there is a Way to HELP!
Even though we don’t yet have a cure for dementia, there is a way that YOU can help deliver an abundance of CARE to the people who need it most: seniors with dementia, health care professionals and caregivers. Our mission is to bring awareness to dementia and Alzheimer’s and to create affordable means of care, education and support to those who are in need. What’s more, you can make a difference exactly when it’s most needed: NOW! It all happens when you support the Memory Loss Foundation.